Buckhorn Trail

Buckhorn Trail is a 12.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Watford City, ND that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Trail is an 11.4 mile loop located in the North Unit of the park. Trail is used predominantly for hiking.

This trail was beyond my equipment and provisions. Physically, I could've walked the trail, however my judgement told me, I did't have the equipment required for such a trek. The outdoors requires a level of respect, and out hear anything can happen.

I enjoyed the photos, don't buy upgrades walk'em !

Buckhorn trail at Theodore Roosevelt National Park north unit was a great one day hike. It had a great mixture of hills, flats, and scenery. My favorite part was seeing a massive herd of bison on the plateau.

NOTE*** this trail is located in the North Unit of the park. It is an hour north of Medora. The closest city is Grassy butte or Watford City! This is a great trail for backpacking or an extended day hike. It stays on the north end of the park and there alot of up and down and you cross a creek. There is a spring located along the trail. If you start at the caprock coulee trail head you can see a prairie dog town just a half mile up.