Summit Loop Trail

Summit Loop Trail is a 3 mile trail located near Hollister, NC and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Roanoke Rapids, NC: Twenty-one miles southwest of Roanoke Rapids and 23 miles north of Rocky Mount. From I-95 follow NC 48 to SR 1002 between Brinkleyville and Ringwood. Turn west on to SR 1002 to park office. (This route also loops around to the SR 1322 entrance.) OR From I-95 follow NC 48 to NC 561 turning west and traveling to SR 1322. Head south on SR 1322 to park entrance. The quickest way to reach this trail is to park at the SR 1002 entrance. Trailhead is located in the parking area.

Great Trail! really enjoyed it. it was my first hike!

It was okay but it would have been nicer in October

I did this one a week ago. Another wonderful winter hiking trail.

perfect park to get away from the hustle and bustle of our busy life. took my kids hiking and the loved it so much we are taking a 3 day camping trip there this weekend and hiking all of the trails!!!

Another great trail in Medoc Mountain State Park. I've hiked it numerous times and it's always enjoyable. There is some evidence of an old scout camp and a concrete dam along the trail.