Stone Mountain Waterfalls Trail

Stone Mountain Waterfalls Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Traphill, NC that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stone Mountain Loop Trail is located in Stone Mountain State Park (NC). The trail from the lower parking lot is 4.5 miles. From the upper parking lot, there is a .3 mile connector trail (in/out) bringing the total trip to 5.1 miles. This trail is very well-maintained, but is more of a gravel walkway than a trail. The waterfall is 200ft tall and well worth the trip to see. The stone surface of the mountain itself is a treat. Plenty of panoramic views. Strenuous trip.

Great hike! We did the loop and ended up with 6 miles. Be prepared for the stairs...there are tons of them. We started from the upper lot and sent to the summit first. The views are spectacular. We packed a lunch and ate by the stream. Would be 5 stars but the stairs!

Strenuous trail due to many stairs but worth the views and waterfalls. For shorter hikes to falls or summit, use upper parking lot. For full loop, use either lower or upper parking lots.

Great hike!!

Awesome hike! As soon as we started we seen 2 deer. Wildlife everywhere. Later we seen a turkey with her babies! Short hike to the waterfall from upper parking area! I think the sign said .6 miles to the waterfall. Complete loop is the 4 mile hike. Multiple trails! Beautiful park!

Great!

Well maintained trail. The stairs though....I didn't know about them beforehand. I will never forget them now.

Nice trail. Well maintained. The main falls are the best ones. Middle Falls was not overly exciting and Lower Falls was not worth it. Be prepared to climb stairs. Not a hard hike overall though.

Very nice

Very peaceful.

Great trail. Mostly running along the creeks. Nice flowers and running water with falls. All three water falls are nice.

Loved it did the waterfalls, loved the homestead, our two Doberman's loved it. They sleep all the way home after 3 days of hiking, fishing, & camping. Plan on coming back again. The State campground was super,!!

awesome trails . some places was difficult but will worth the hikes to falls , have to do the other trails another day had fun

Awesome trail! Our hike was 4.95 miles and took ~2.5 hours- with stops, rests, etc. Beautiful summit and waterfalls. Definitely worth the time.

I would recommend parking at the lower lot and starting the hike to the right.

Our dog loved it!

My husband and I truly enjoyed this trail. We went clock-wise beginning at the lower lot. Boy did we pick the strenuous way around the loop! We enjoyed the hike, beautiful creeks, trails, and views. I loved the contrasting sections of the trail. Deep wooded sections, creek side, waterfall, mountain top, and open meadow. We won't hesitant going to this park and trail again in the future.

My wife and I just visited this beautiful area that we had never been too before. We did the loop, and it was everything and more that we were looking for. Make sure that you allow yourself 4 hours to take it all in, and snack. If your in the area this is a must.

Beautiful and well maintained trails. Falls are great and views are spectacular!

Great park and no matter what trail you decide you are sure to enjoy. Just a word about the hike to the Falls. It is Strenuous so be sure and keep that in mind. For those are unable to do a couple mile Hikes you can drive to the Homestead. Just a short walk and you are in viewing range of Stone MT.
Take a lunch and enjoy yourself at the tables at the old Homestead with Stone Mt as your background.