Snowbird Creek: Junction to CR 1127 Bridge

DIFFICULTY 2 reviews

Snowbird Creek: Junction to CR 1127 Bridge is a 11.3 mile trail located near Robbinsville, NC. The trail is primarily used for whitewater kayaking.

11.3 miles 185 feet

whitewater kayaking

My very first backpacking trip was along snowbird trail. This trail is flat and water is easily accessible as the trail follows the river. We did an in/out hike totaling approximately 10 miles. The campsite was large enough for 3 tents and was equipped with a fire ring. It is a beautiful area but there was lots of trash left in random places and at the few campsites we passed(please pack it out people...leave no trace). We spent 3 days in the backcountry here and never saw another person....a good adventure overall. :)

If you're not into kayaking you can also walk the trail that follows nearby. We lost the trail we originally intended to hike as it ascended the mountain and instead decided to follow the creek since we know where it went. It was nice clean, cool, clear water and shallow enough to wade through in most parts. I've been on some really strenous hikes but very few that were as rewarding as this one. It was warm and had large boulders that you could lay on and enjoy the day. We saw plenty of fish and wildlife. I would highly recommend following the creek instead of the nearby trail.