Smokemont Loop Trail

Smokemont Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cherokee, NC that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Spider trail. I ate more webs and spiders than about any other trail in recent memory

This is a good hike that can take about 3.5 hours. You start with a climb and then have some downhill at the end, no matter which end you start from. The trail was in good condition and we had no trouble on the trail or on the approach path. Met a couple of other hikers, but ther was not a lot of other traffic to worry about. The campground was almost full but not that many people were on the long trail.

Beautiful hike. Gradual incline. 3.5 hrs. in no hurry. Only cons the horse manure and gnats the first couple of miles until we crossed the Bradley Fork.

I really liked hiking this trail. It took me a total of 6hrs I am a slow walker. It was a little bit over a up hill hike. But worth it I think I will go back after the leaves fall.

Very nice trail to do in the fall. Steady climb after a mile walk along the brook. Some open ledges closer to the summit. Try not to miss the summit; there is a log to sit, have a snack and enjoy the foliage.

Trail is near the Cherokee Indian Reservaion in NC. Decent trail with lots of trees.