Sam Knob Trail

Sam Knob Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Canton, NC that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Sams Knob Loop combines the Sam Knob Trail, Little Sam Knob Trail, Mountain-to-Sea Trail and finally the Flat Laurel Creek Trail passing several waterfalls and creeks along the way. Take the short spur off Sam Knob Trail to the top of Sam Knob reaching 6068 Feet.

It definitely challenged my body for the uphill part to the summit. But I loved all the diverse landscapes along this and wow, so worth it! I definitely wanted to die near the end, but like I said, so worth it. If you're a true intermediate/advance hiker this will be no problem.

It is very nice hike with superb views, flowers, swamp, creek and forest. I recommend the loop track (see recordings) and it is also worth to extend the loop: When you reach the Flat Laurel CT go to the right 1/4 miles to see some nice rapids.

Love this hike. It is just right to challenge the body with a uphill hike. Even my 10 and 9 yr old run up to the top. The views at the top are something to sit and enjoy lunch and just see its beauty.

I can only give this hike 3 stars because when we got to the summit there was nothing to see! The clouds or fog eliminated the view..we were very disappointed. The hike started off easy through the Broomstraw fields then when we started ascending the mountain it became a moderate climb with a few rough places. We will have to try it again in the future

Short scenic hike with awesome summit view at the end. It is heavily trafficked. Did this after doing Tennent mountain and black balsam knob hike as they share the same parking lot.

So far this hike is at the top of my list! It is a great moderate hike; some easy sections and some a little difficult makes this hike fun! Once at the top of Sam's Knob enjoy the Amazing 360 views!