Rocktop Trail

Rocktop Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gastonia, NC that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Rocktop Trail is less traveled and has excellent views. It has a lower elevation than the Crowders summit, but has great views of the cliffs and the surrounding countryside. The rocks have odd shapes and there are indentations in the rock. At 1.5 miles long, the Rocktop trail is rocky and lined

My favorite trail at Crowders. It is really well-marked and there is lots of exposed rock to play around on. I like to take this trail up to the summit, and the Backside trail to the Crowders trail down.

Not one of my favorite trails around, but its a quick workout. Some rocks to climb over toward the top - generally pretty busy location so be ready to see a lot of people on the trail (and wait behind them depending).

I'm from NY and we wanted to for a nice hike while in town and this was a very fun hike and was easy to follow. Beautiful views but be careful on the cliffs!

Awesome!

Enjoyable straight-forward hike, great for a quick getaway to nature. A short stretch of this hike is across open rock face and opens up to clear long distance views.

Excellent choice for trail running, cross country running.

Forget my last review! I has this trail confused with another. This trail is my FAVORITE at Crowders.

This trail is only a little over a mile, but note that it takes you up/down the vast majority of the mountain in half that time. I took Crowders trail + Backside trail up the mountain, then came down Tower Trail until I hit Rocktop and took it back to the visitor center. Going down, the first half of the trail is pretty flat and has a few different rock formations that were fun to walk over (max step up-down was only 12-18" inches). The problem is that the 2nd half is very steep and easy to lose your footing going down. Though I'm sure it'd kick my butt, I'd recommend going up this trail instead of down to avoid slipping/falling. Especially after a rainy day.

This trail kicked my butt! Started from the welcome center, went across Crowders trail, up the Backside trail, then across Rock Top, back to the welcome center. Great views, more rugged terrain than you would think.

Hiked this trail early afternoon today. Difficult going up, easy going down. Overall fun.

My favorite trail at crowders! It has better views as tower trail is near power lines and in my opinion better terrain due to all the rocks you maneuver around.

This is my favorite trail in Crowders Mountain State Park. The Rock Top trail has some of the best views in the park. The trail is very rocky and includes a moderate scramble over a fairly narrow rock outcrop. This trail connects the peak of Crowders Mountain to the Crowders Trail and to Sparrow Springs Rd. This trail is less traveled than some of the other trails in the park.