Riverbend Park and Lower Lake Hickory

Riverbend Park and Lower Lake Hickory is a 3.1 mile loop trail located near Stony Point, NC that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and fishing. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I did the lower hike along the river with my 3 and year old. They loved it. Very family friendly. We were able to see several birds and even some large turtles sunning on some rocks just in the river

Very good trails for mainly running or speed walking a little bland if your going just for scenery. I can't get over the old women saying it's creepy and not to go alone lol ain't no one checking out some old single mom dud. This is a risk you take at ANY park.

Really well maintained trails and pretty easy.

Lots of choices (if you're running late or a kid gets fussy you can shorten the route), and extremely well marked.

Trails were clear. Not much scenery, but the park is close to home and was easy to do with my daughter.

Love the scenery. Trails are pretty easy.

Nice trails. Nice woodland scenery and river views from trail. Several trails to choose from. And it is close to where I live.

Not much scenery but close to home and a nice walk

I love going here. The trails are fairly well maintained though I haven't walked all of them. I usually do the red trail. I have never felt uncomfortable there though I have a dog with me. They are closed tues wed and thurs.

Always our favorite go to trail..Very close to us and very well maintained. If you start on red behind the ranger's station and go all the outer loops you have almost 5.25 miles. I have found that is the best route. A good workout and not very strenuous.

I take my son there to fish and walk around. even on the days we don't catch anything its still fun! You cannot go out into the river much because of the dam and the current is quite brisk. Stay close to shore and have fun! They are closed some during the week so check the website.

Nice quiet place to hike but it is a little secluded so I wouldn't recommend doing it alone. It's got some nice scenery to look at since part of it goes by a river. I think the trail we took was about 4 miles long so it's a good distance. Not too long but not too short either. It took about 2 hours to complete. There are a few hills but not very strenuous.

Checked out this park a couple time a few years ago. Once with a 4-H group of kids, which was ok. A park ranger led the walk and pointed out wildlife and natural points of interest. When again with just my daughter and got a little creeped out. It was very vast and secluded and really not a comfortable place to find your self alone with a small child. I heard that there have been several close calls with drowning in the river there, the dam opens up and floods the river so it is very dangerous to wade in. The last few times I have driven by the park has been closed. dont know if this a permant thing or what?? call ahead.