Right Loop

Right Loop is a 11 mile loop trail located near Almond, NC. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for mountain biking.

Fun ride and a good workout. One or two challenging ascents and the last hill is a beast. A couple of sections have some great flow. If Right Loop isn't enough it's possible to link up with Left Loop and ride both. Keep an eye out for wildlife, I've seen deer all over Tsali.

Regardless of how you ride this bad boy it will give you one heck of a work out! Some buddy's and I went to Tsali for spring break to experience firsthand all the stories we had been told about "Tsali Mountain Biking" and were we pleased! Right Loop is intense, with looong climbs, but some awesome overlooks and just an overall good ride. It's not too fast of a track, lots of uphill so it'll get you back into riding shape REAL quick. All-in-all, right loop was a good ride, definitely wish we had a trail like this to train on in Athens, GA!

I rode the right loop shortly after a rain and the trail was significantly dry and in great Mountain Biking conditions. This trail is great however it is long we were told to ride the perimeter but we only rode the right loop due to how tired we were. The last few miles are on a forestry road that allows for high speeds and fun descents. The rest of the trail is single track loop that has a recommended route which is tough but when you finish it is very rewarding. We were their during the middle of the week and we saw nobody while on the trail. Keep in mind that Sun, Mon, Weds, and Fri are the days that Right and Left Loops are open to Mountain Bikers. The time attached to the review is riding time we did stop for lunch and pictures.

The fact that I combined Left Loop with Right Loop, means that I did the right loop against the grain, meaning I had a lot of head ons with other bikers, most of which seemed to be extremely stuck up, and did / do not have a clue about the Mountain Biking code of ethics!!
The right loop, just as her smaller sister is a very easy loop, but probably not quite as scenic, but saying that, it is probably faster with a few technical spots, that if possible should be taken faster rather than slower.

If I had to make a choice between the Left or Right Loop, I would probably lean towards the Right Loop, but I would suggest that if possible, combine the two loops in one ride.

The Tsali Loops are sweet loops, but they are definitely not in the same league as the Trails in the Brevard Pisgah region, or the Dupont State forest Trails.
I take my hat off to the people that maintain the trail, the $2 per rider is well worth it, because it is clear that the money is going back into the trails and the trails are very well maintained without giving them a sterile feel.
If i could change one thing on these loops, I would make them a One Way system, I have rode trails in for example Colorado and Oregon that have One Way trails, this way a rider never has to worry about a kamikaze rider hitting them head on whilst climbing, or on a blind spot. I think Tsali is far too busy to allow a Both Way system