Rattlesnake Lodge Trail

Rattlesnake Lodge Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Weaverville, NC that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike! Parking lot was full so we just went a little up the road and joined up from the otter creek trail. Since the lots are small there were not many people on trail which was nice. Switchbacks kept the climb nice. We wound up taking the blue trail back down to the ruins/start of the loop and that part was pretty steep. Overall great hike!

Great hike! The ruins are spectacular and be sure to know the story before you go up there.....it makes it even better. After the ruins follow the white blaze until you reach the blue, then take the blue. It will loop around to the backside of the ruins. I went on Halloween....thought I heard children playing in the woods.

Nice wooded trail through the woods with some neat historical ruins. Some views through the trees near the top, especially in the winter time.

Can you camp on this trail?

I like more scenic hikes and this one only had a couple of spots with views.

Peaceful

We took our five year old up this trail and enjoyed the views. We cooled off our water bottles in the old spring house and climbed the trail behind it to the log seats to rest before heading back down. Our approach was from Ox Creek road, it's the long way up... but not long at all. Take the trail on the left from the parking area, it's blazed with white circles, up to the ruins of the lodge.

Nice hike close to Asheville. About a 30 minute drive max. Hike is about 1 1/2 hours up and back.

Nice trail!

a fun hike with ruins, wildflowers, beautiful views, and interesting terrain. we missed the loop so keep an eye out.

Truly love this hike. Not much of a view, but I just love the feel of being deep in the woods, especially when you stumble upon ancient ruins! The backstory on this Lodge fascinates me. The hike itself isn't too strenuous. The switchbacks at the beginning get you warmed up and a gradual incline toward the ruins. There is also an approach from the Blue Ridge Parkway that makes this hike a bit shorter.

Such an interesting trail. Views, wildflowers and mysterious ruins.

This is an easy hike with nice views and the ruins are very cool for adults and kids alike to explore. The views are wonderful but there is a good bit of road noise from the motorcycles and cars on the parkway below. We have three kids between 3.5 and 7 and all made it up and back with smiles. Bonus points given for the random act of kindness of someone who anonymously left bouquets of flowers on several cars at the bottom.

Didn't hike the entire trail as it was a spur of the moment thing after we hiked Craggy Gardens. A few trail markers would be nice as we really didn't see many, hence why we didn't finish the hike. It's a heavily, dense vegetated path in some spots but I loved seeing Flame Azaleas, great surprise! There's alot of history regarding 'The Lodge'. I highly recommend reading up on it before you go and I think you'll really enjoy the remnants, etc. that you'll encounter.