Pulliam Creek Trail

Pulliam Creek Trail is a 5.7 mile out and back trail located near Flat Rock, NC that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice trail. There is a new bridge right at the start and near the gravel pull out just before the second bridge so it's easy to see the trailhead once out of the car. It's just below the gravel. We did not take the popular Narrows Trail down to the water but did this hike as described. Goes down to the Green River. Very nice. Definitely down to get to the river and up to get out. Views will be better with the leaves down but lots of asters right now (October). Saw a few other hikers but not crowded at all.

Great trail - would cation the rating of modest to difficult when you get to the rope decent area to make your way to water wall that is off the trail head but to my knowledge the only way down. I took 2 15 year old who had no problems but for myself at 50 and my granddaughter at 10 we had to take it slow. All and all well worth the pain to get to some native water falls. If you hike up the river you find some additional water falls and swimming holes. Take water!!!

easy to moderate trail. Beautiful ESP once you take the side trail to the right which is the narrows. Went this past weekend and the beginning of trail was pretty overgrown but after the first 10 min the trail opened up more and summer overgrowth wasn't an issue. I've been on this trail tons of times and it's usually well maintained. Peek trail time imo is during the fall winter and spring season where you can see the narrows from the main trail and other small waterfalls. Loads of different plant life and flowers to see along the trail but lots of poison ivy mixed in though so be cautious of that. Others said its been overrun with teens but all the years I've hiked this there's never more then a few people and there wasn't a single person there yesterday except a few guys in their kayaks. It's pretty darn private down in the narrows because not a lot will venture down that long slope. very peaceful!! ❤️

I was here several years ago and went again over the weekend. It was really over grown (only went about 1/2 mile to see if it got better, it didn't) and made me uncomfortable to be there by myself although there were others that I passed on the way back out.

Beautiful hike; beautiful falls; beautiful wild flowers. Even blackberries! It was wilderness hiking for us. We did see maybe a dozen others but it was a wonderfully remote pristine area.
Out was arduous! Would not have known about it without All Trail.

A lot of fun, beautiful scenery, large expanses of inclines, small mountains to your right as you walk the trail, but the best thing is taking that side trail, the Narrows Trail (here on AllTrails) to the Green River Gorge which is challenging, a tad scary, and super fun. Ropes are placed along the descent to help you get down. Once at the water, you shall see little bridges going across the boulders, and you may go out onto them, and probably boulder hop up the river. It is breathtakingly beautiful and we were so lucky to see 3 kayakers come shooting down the shoals, well, really, FALLS, right AT us. It would be a superb spot for a picnic, and in summer, a place to get in cool pools of water. As you look around, falls are in several places, like surround sound. Not good for little kids and dogs. Just bring the teens and adults.

...sorry, in the review below I meant to say descending instead of ascending.

This was a fun trail to hike. It was quiet and peaceful. We had so much fun ascending the small trail to the river. Coming up was a little more difficult but, the ropes that were tied on trees were very helpful.

Trail is very nice.

Posted a pic of the new road side bridge marking the trail head on the right. (Google Maps GPS says a little further and to the left: wrong.) If you get to the hunting area parking, you've gone to far. Hiked to the edge of the Green River and up a bit. Still seemed like plenty of trail to go even though we went about 3.5 in. Love the sound of water virtually the whole time and a lot if great views. Lots of roots and rocks early, but smooths out a bit with lots of variety. Really enjoyed it.

As others have said before me... A little difficulty finding the trail head. Our GPS was about 2 miles off. The trail is pretty well maintained. We did the hike with our dog and he had no trouble keeping up!

I wish every body would quit complaining about how hard the trail is to find. I found it on the first try. it's not that hard but just in case you're lost in more than the woods, this app does , have a great GPS with it!

*dirt bag for life

The trail head is a little difficult to find. We did not hike the whole trail. Probably did about 4 miles total. Was definitely a beautiful snow hike. We could not have picked a better day! Was pretty moderate in the snow, so I'm guessing easier with no snow!

To start the trailhead is difficult to find if not walking next to road, I cleaned up the trash so that's not an indicator anymore of where it is located. After 20 minutes and 2 Wal-Mart bags worth of trash within the first fifty feet I started my hiking trip. Within in the 2 miles I ran into 2 separate groups of young people that did not appear to come to be appropriately dressed or prepared for a hike. They did remember to bring there music (if you call it that) and the "beverage " of choice. When I came across the second group, plus the other tale signs on trial itself. I decided to make a hastily retreat to my truck and leave. The local partiers have seized this place for there own illegal activities and caution fellow hikers to tread lightly.

Trail head Very difficult to find.. On right in curve just before second bridge on Big Hungry Rd... Trail wide enough in areas to drive on.. approx 1 1/2 miles in trail to right leads to green river narrows.. That trail strenuous and very steep and very beautiful..

Pulliam Creek Trail is a moderate trail located on the Green River Gamelands In Polk County NC. The trail head is on Big Hungry Road a little over 2 miles past the Hungry River bridge. The purpose of my hike on the trail was to go to the bottom of The Narrows on Green River. The Narrows is a stretch of Green River that drops about 400ft over about 1.25miles. This is but one of the prizes on the trail. The Narrows are only visible from the main trail when there are no leaves on the trees so if you don't want to make the final descent to the bottom of The Narrows it would be best to go in the winther or early spring. With Spring trees budding, summer flowers blooming, or fall colors in full effect the hike is very enjoyable any time of the year. Along the way to this you will find that there are many small falls in Pulliam Creek that are a short but sometimes steep trip off the main trail. The hike to The Narrows from the trails beginning is about 1.5 miles and took me and my girls about 2hours and 40 minutes round trip excluding the stops we made for other recreation.