Poston Trail

Poston Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gastonia, NC that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking.

Please

Update: If you don't see the trail markers, you're going the wrong way. Start at the green + on the map - not the red -.

They must not expect someone to walk the trail in the opposite direction, which is what I guess I did last time.

Glad to see it's not just me who finds this trail to be poorly marked. Difficult to navigate without markers.

Markers are difficult to find but once you do it is lovely

Not too hard, I normally walk the dogs on the trail after taking them to the dog park to let them dip in the water. not marked very well but most of the trail is pretty obvious. Just have to keep an eye open for cyclists.

fly fishing

Love the trails however, I took a new path couldn't get out and I had my 4 year old, dog, & not enough water. The bikers have made paths that make it difficult to navigate. I finally had to pull out my compass & just walk straight through the woods.
This needs to be clearly marked for visitors.

This was a decent trail. The trails were not well marked and were difficult to understand. Additionally, there were no maps. (Common Man!) I would recommend printing a copy of the map at home before embarking on any trails here. It is understandable why it is use mainly by mountain bikers. Get Out and Hike!

This is a awesome trail! If you live in the area of Gastonia/Charlotte definitely try this trail! With my experience at the white water center I can say that this trail is just as good as any black diamond trail and the white water center. Warning, this is a hard trail, drop offs, sharp turns, and crazy downhill parts. If you are new to mountain biking, take it slow and watch in front of you. But this trail is awesome and You should definitely try it out!

What a great day. Hiked the bike trails through the woods and wanted something a little more challenging so we climbed up the side of Spencer Mtn. It is straight up and very rocky, more challenging coming down. Could be dangerous, need to be cautious with your feet but it was a beautiful view. We are going to try another path we found that looks more like a dirt road around the bottom of the mountain. Lots of possibilities. It was a great day.