Morrow Mountain Trail

Morrow Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Albemarle, NC that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

scenic driving

whitewater kayaking

You are likely to see deer, turtles, birds, and other small wildlife on your hike up to the overlook. Once there, the view of the Pee Dee river and Lake Tillery are amazing. It is an easy hike each way, with the exception of the last part leading to the overlook, which can be slippery.

The moderate trail was well marked and easy to follow. There isn't a lot to see until you get to the top. The last section is steep but nothing too difficult. I gave it three stars due to people being able to drive to the top. Overall, a good fall hike.

Great view at the top and you can drive to it if you want. The trail connects with the Sugarloaf trail and has a very steep section near the end. Most of the trail is up and down and best hiked in the late fall, winter or early spring when the leaves are off the trees and you can see great views through the forest. Views are much better near the top. Recommend you take hiking poles to help not only on the way up but also to slow you down on the way back. Pretty good workout and some good views. The trail is blazed blue (note the easy Morrow Mountain Loop trail is the easy trail at the top of the mountain blazed red).

definitely moderate but a good workout. trail is easy to follow with the red triangles. it was nice to eat by the lake afterwards

Never been a huge fan of trails that you can drive to the top of. The view from the parking lot is great, but the trail doesn't offer anything special.

Nice place to hike . We will be back soon.

I loved this trail. I went with my kids, we really enjoyed it. For our first trail it was a little tough, we definitely got a great workout! We will come again as there are several trails.

Good trail, very nice. Only problem with me was when it rained on us. Other than that, it was great

The hike was definitely moderate in activity level, a few very steep paths near the top. Really love the views.

Very much enjoyed our time out there. Took my fiancé and our son and absolutely enjoyed the hike and scenery. Def recommend.

Excellent view at the top, myself and my wife go several times a year, the trail actually to the top is on the should of the road, which I feel is alittle dangerous and alot of rocks to slips on so watch your footing, we use hiking sticks. I have also kayaked the lake which is very nice , all the way around, I like the dam area the best and sound is most relaxing of the rushing water. Lots of birds, but I yet to see a deer.

Great place hike!

Great signage. Bathrooms and picnic area at top of the trail and mountain.

We hiked up this trail from Sugarloaf and with several miles under our belt. It was a little hard for us since we were tired, but well worth the push. This is not a view you usually get in NC unless you are in the western mountains. If you're looking for a workout, or your knees hate downward inclines, I suggest coming up this trail rather than going down. Short story long, this is a great moderately difficult trail.

It was a beautiful day for a hike. So quiet up there. Our family had a great time, set up a hammock along the way to chillax, the dogs had great walks, and we never realized this was just a short drive from home!- A great staycation over spring break.

Great for a nice day hike or weekend camping. Trails are kept nice and clear with beautiful views. The trail leading to the damn is a great trail by the lake. Dogs are welcome just have to be on a leash. Overall very nice park to play and explore!