Moores Knob Trail

Moores Knob Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Danbury, NC that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.2 mile loop to the top of Moore's Knob with 360 degree veiws from the top, including the nearby Hanging Rock (namesake of the park), and Sauratown Mountain and Pilot Mountain in the distance. The loop starts by the lake/campground . It joins up with several other trails including Tory's Den and a nature trail. There are 2 options that meet at the summit. the 1.6 m option w/ lots of stair steps is wide and more traveled. The 2.6 m option is more single track trail with lots of rocks.

view is spectacular

love this trail. requires you to be in reasonably good shape and the birw is spectacular ❤❤

Breathtaking views, well worth the hike when you reach the top of the mountain!!!!

I hiked this trail with my five-year-old son and it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I was expecting a steeper hike, but it was never strenuous for me. We took the eastern route to the top, leaving from the parking lot at the lake. It took us about 1.5 hours to make it to the summit (with many stops for my son) and about 50 minutes for the descent. The views are fantastic and well worth the hike.

We went to left at the fork and walked this trail clockwise. It eliminated going UP the steps that everyone talks about. Keep in mind, if you go clockwise, there will be lots of rocks and roots to contend with. I would agree with the difficulty rating here. A few times I had to stop and take a break. The view from the top of the watchtower is worth it all though! We truly enjoyed our hike in this lovely park. One of our favorite parks in NC!

All the steps...

Pick your poison: several hundred stone stairs when approached from the east, or long, rocky inclines when approached from the west. But you'll be rewarded with sweet views from the summit either way.

Sweet views from the summit.

My favorite hike.

loved going to long way to get to moores knob. completed entire loop but u actually gotta do part of another trail to get there so be ready for that as we were. rocky. great views. check out the look out!

This trail is challenging but worth the effort. The views are fantastic.

This is an amazing trail with a stunning 360 view at the top.