Masonboro Island

DIFFICULTY 2 reviews

Masonboro Island is a 6 mile out and back trail located near Wrightsville Beach, NC. The trail is primarily used for walking and sea kayaking and is accessible year-round.

6.0 miles Out & Back

sea kayaking

I have to be among the luckiest people alive! I live by this amazing outdoor play-land! We load my Boston Whaler up at the boat launch- coolers, wood, dog, beach bags, people, and away we go! Not sure how long we will stay out there.... Depends on "what's happening"!, and there is always something happening out on Masonboro Island! Great beaches, trails, and "grass-lands" are everywhere.
I guess what I really love about the island is the people though! My wife and I are in our 40's, I'm retired USMC, our daughters, and their boyfriends are in their 20's, we like to have a good time, but we can't party like rock stars anymore! However, I have NEVER had a problem with anyone on the island..... Everybody, from the High Schoolers in dads center console, to the 60 year old couple in their 36 foot live aboard, are just out there to relax and have a good time!
Come out, take a hike down the shoreline, then hang around for a bit, you WONT be disappointed!

Not a more beautiful coastal camp anywhere. If you can get there⚓️