Lovers Leap Loop Trail

Lovers Leap Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs, NC that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I have been here twenty years ago and I am back with my kids. I am glad to know that it has not changed. It is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been.

This trail is a Gem located in Hot Springs, NC. We were thoroughly entertained by the constant climb and nice views of the french broad river. My seven year old was able to climb this trail so I'm surprised at the "Hard" difficulty rating. I give this trail a moderate difficulty rating, but that is not to say you won't get a workout. You will definitely need to bring water, but this trail will not let you down (no pun intended).

This was a WONDERFUL trail. Great views and easy to find. Definitely difficult but worth it for the views. We enjoyed a little picnic lunch at the top of the trail!

I'm visiting from the flatland of Florida...this trail kicked my ass, but was so worth it! I hiked it with a local, who was practically jogging up the thing. I had to take a break every 10 steps during the steepest sections. Loved it! Definitely doing the loop again before my vacation ends.

Bring water...beautiful hike.

nice views several spot to view from. no one spot with overlook to begin hike follow road u park on then go past restrooms and small camp ground. you will see slate stairs on you right that is the begining on tral. thereis no marking.

Difficult ascent, particularly if you start by crossing the bridge as opposed to starting down the paved road. Views are totally worth it and it's an amazing workout. Loved every minute of it!

Moderately difficult trail with great view of river from apex. Can take off on the AT if you want a longer trail. Recommend good boots.

Steep climb but worth it for the nice view.

My family and I hiked the trail in early January. It was an easy hike with the kids. Up and back down in about an hour and a half. Makes for a great quick hike. Good payoff views and beautiful along the French Broad. Hot Springs is a cool town as well to hang out.

We camped at Hot Springs campground and hiked across bridge over French Broad river and walked the App Trail( lots of thru-hikers in spring ) up to lovers leap, this short trail to top has lots of switchbacks and washouts which are possibly treacherous, but rewarded with beautiful views of town and river below.

As far as a short hike, outside of Asheville goes, this is beautiful!! The views are amazing of the French Broad. We did have some of our children who are 3 and 8 and it was a bit perilous for them as far as steep steep drop off. Our two dogs loved it, especially with the river!! Beautiful!!!

I hiked this trail Feb. 2,2013. While there was a little snow, it was still accessible. Max Patch was not.

I enjoyed this trail with the changing of the leaves and the cooler temperatures. Wonderful place to spend Halloween. Lovers leap has some beautiful views.

This 1.6 section intersect with some other trail options which we took & with the Appalachian trail itself. Nice overview of the small town from an overlook,not very much space there when crowded. A more sweeping view further up the stairs at incline but a precarious perch. Mostly inclined from the direction we took coming up silver mine trail first,along the river side is a leveled out walk, so reverse of our route would be less challenging (mostly downhill). Some very narrow spots on the trail and careful footing needed. Would be slippery when wet and risky in dimming light.

Great switchbacks with views of Hot Springs and the French Broad at every turn. I combined this trail with the AT and pump gap to creat a 6 mile loop. Lots of road work debris near the Silvermine Group campground.