Looking Glass Rock Trail

Looking Glass Rock Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Brevard, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Brevard, NC: Travel US 276 northwest for approximately 5 miles, then turn left (toward the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education) just before Looking Glass Falls. The Looking Glass Rock Trailhead will be on the right.

Beautiful

awesome time, I climbed it 3 times today. would not recommend foi the faint at heart...

Very beautiful and wonderful view the whole way up

Looking Glass is the perfect day hike, offering spectacular views. I recommend getting an early start because the trail can get a little crowded year round in the afternoons.

Awesome trail; exactly what I want when hiking. It is a bit strenuous going up to the lookout, but my 10 and 12 year old made it no problem. Lots of rocks and roots; definitely want good hiking shoes as that presents lots of opportunities for twisted ankles. The view at the top is amazing and so worth the hike up. Make sure you pack a warmer jacket. The further up you get the colder it gets and it is quite breezy at the top. We got rained on, so we were freezing by the time we got up, which didn't really allow us to enjoy the view as much as we had hoped for.
Heads up! Looking Glass Falls is not along this trail! It is a little further up the road, right on the road, actually.

I always enjoy this hike!

Killer hike, highly recommend.

Would not rate this trail difficult it was moderate. A lot of kids were on the trail. Beautiful views. Crowded on nice days. People were camping along the river. Highly recommend this trail.

Pretty much all uphill. Can be busy on weekends. View at top is amazing and very serene.

Great view at the top! About 3ish hours down and back at a normal pace!

Great view at top. Going up is persistent but very doable, coming down is smooth. It was 6miles for us, that was with taking some switchbacks out and back. Had 2 dogs with me, no problems. Take water for sure. I think this hike would personally be more enjoyable on cooler days, though the top can be a bit chilly and breezy on warmer days too.