Latta Plantation Trail

Latta Plantation Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Huntersville, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail with beautiful lake...within Charlotte...love it !

Outstanding way to spend the afternoon!
I have not been here in years, and forgot how awesome this is so close to the city!!!
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED FOR SURE

We took Hill Trail, Cove Trail, Split Rock Trail, Piedmont Prairie Trail, & Hill Trail for a total of 7miles almost to the step! (ignore the fact that I stopped recording my hike for a few hundred steps...)

It was really a great day, hiking boots are smart out on the "Cove Trail" as the current leaf cover makes the rocks (and there are plenty of rocks) very hard to see.

The trail BLAZE are worn out in some places, but there is not mystery where the trail is really.

The thing I miss most about Charlotte is my Sunday long run at Latta. So beautiful, and easy to loose track of time. I miss training here as a Charlotte 49er cross country running. The gravel trails make a satisfying crunchy sound, which helped me find a good rythym, and made the trails runnable in the snow. You could easily choose a route with various difficulty. Came out and canoed once too. Love it here.

This is part of the extensive Latta Plantation Nature Preserve trail system. Parking next to the nature center, I took the Hill Trail almost out to its end. I then returned by including the Cove and Split Rock Trails. The Hill Trail is wide and is often shared with horses from the equestrian center. The Cove Trail loops through the woods, getting you close to the lake in several places. The trail is filled with small rocks. I had to be careful with all the leaves on the ground. The split Rock Trail also gets you close to the water, and is not nearly as rocky. I really enjoyed the combination of trails on a beautiful fall day.

Really rocky, tons of spiders, guaranteed to sprain 4 ankles in your party of 2

Did Hill and Cove trails, nice wide trails

We went this weekend we loved it especially my hubby &son they enjoy fishing and being in the water.!hopefully we can go next time and get a horse ride.!I just wish they was a lil more area so the kids can swim other then that it was great. !!

1st time and me and the dog will be back

My son and I enjoyed this trail on Mother's Day. It was fun for us both!

It was a fun easy trail. Good for days when you don't have a lot of time to hike but just want to get out in nature for a bit.

Great for trail running!!

It was fun! Good hike for a beginner, not to challenging and not to easy. There are great views of the the water with a couple of access points. It is still winter so not a lot of foliage, so more of a spring thru fall if you want more to look at.

Nice trail for year round hiking.

Each time I visit this trail I see something new. The trail is quiet most week days if you steer clear of the north side near the lake. Accessibility to other park trails, nature center and activities is excellent!

fly fishing

Been hanging out at this park for years. Participating in every activity possible in one way or the other and they have them all. The trails are average but the park makes up for it. Worth the trip if your a local.