Hollow Rock Trail

Hollow Rock Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Taylorsville, NC that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trails, don't take google maps to it, you will end up at someone's driveway. Take google maps to Rocky Face park, this is a trail in that park.

Trails are clean and nice, but not the most scenic in the area.

It was a fun trail. I would have gone up the rock part instead of down. It rained on us the entire time.

Beautiful views. Clean trail.

I enjoyed this trail with its great views, running creeks and plentiful geocaches along the way.

This trail is part of the Rocky Face Recreational Area so there are a few trails with great views and a quarry face that is used by climbers. We combined a few trails to give us a 4.5 mile figure 8 loop. Trails were well maintained and marked. The park ranger was very friendly and invited us into his office to see a few small animals he has there. We will definitely go back for a hike and then a picnic at tables where you can watch the climbers. Link is to the park website for hours and trail maps etc.

great place for families and pets.

Good views and nice wilderness feel to it.. Actually a pretty easy hike.. Very fun!

Good well marked trail. I took my 3 yr old daughter and we hiked the whole trail. Nice way to spend a few hours

Can easily combine trails for 5 to 6 mile hike.

took the dog here for a walk. I would recommend for beginners and people getting into hiking. Easy gradient and we'll marked trails with picnic benches along the way to enjoy views and take breaks

The directions on this app take you to someone's house. Go to the Rocky Face Mountain pavilion and there is great parking with entries to all of the trails. Excellent hike if you're looking not to spend too much time on the trails.

This trail is part of a 4.5 mile trail at the fairly new Rocky Face Mountain Park .
These trails are very well marked , and laid out as well , and I would highly recommend it . Go on a clear day , and the views are awesome ! There is a fair amount of uphill climbing , of course , but not overwhelming by any means .
We completed the 3 trails , 4.5 mile total , in 1.5 hours . Rockclimbing is also an option .