Heritage Trail Greenway

Heritage Trail Greenway is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newton, NC that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.0 miles Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

newtonnc.gov/departments/recreation/greenways.php If you're looking for the taste of the country without leaving the city, you and your family will love this trail. Very nice. This is great for running, strollers, biking, etc. We went in the rain with our dog and it was still a good experience. Some tree coverage so when it's sunny there are some breaks from the heat. Benches along the way. It's very new and a nice addition to this area.

Great trail... Only down fall is the smell of the Newton sewers along the way.

Very easy walk and parking holds about 15 cars

Nice walking trail. Parking is on West 7th st.

So I try to go out this morning and take my puppy for a walk, well as soon as I got there and try to find the parking area there was none to be found. On the street where the trail was suppose to be there is a Detention center (no parking) and on the other side is a retirement home (no parking), so I stopped and ask some kind folks "where is the parking area for this trail" and they told me to go on the other street and when I got there - there was nothing but a power station and it said no parking on the fence.. After getting the-run-around several times I finally stop wasting my gas and came home.. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME, this trail have no business posting signs on the side of the street and have no business advertising itself as a Hiking trail because its nothing more than a neighborhood walk trail... I HATE BEING MISLEAD and having my precious time wasted

Easy and relatively flat. Well shaded for sunny days.

Great close trail to leash train the new puppy. Good for a quick after work run. Very quite, frogs barking every where. Clean

Very nice trail. Not too far away if you are in the area. Easy running trail. Stroller or wheelchairs would be okay, too. Nice level surface, no rocks or roots. Would also, be nice bike trail. Very easy hike/walk/stroll.