Chestnut Oak and Swift Creek Loop Trail

Chestnut Oak and Swift Creek Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cary, NC that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is truly a beautiful Nature Preserve and great for a leisurely stroll or a run. I went on my own but it looks great for families as well. If you are looking for a scenic area to relax this is perfect.

nice easy trail as long as your good with some stairs.

Nice place for a family walk.

My wife and I have lived in this area since the '70s and this was our first trip to Hemlock Bluffs. The surroundings are beautiful and, except for a little noise from Kildare Farm road, seems to be in the middle of nowhere. The park and nature center are very well done (kudos to the Town of Cary) and would be a great place for families with kids.

The trails are well maintained as are the many, many steps. The trails are enjoyable and require what I would consider a low-moderate level of effort. My GPS showed a total elevation change of 161 feet. We ran into another hiker who reported a snake on the trail but we never saw it ... and were a bit disappointed.

We will be returning on a regular basis and will bring the grand-kids the nature center and for a good hike.

Great place for a short walk. Trails are well maintained. Only bird I was able to see was a Cardinal.

This is probably one of the prettiest places for a stroll in the Raleigh area that I've found so far. You can tell that a lot of people really have their heart in this place. Perfect for families to have some gentle nature time together.

Went for a trail run. Lots of families with children. Very well maintained. Very scenic.