Gully Creek Trail Loop

Gully Creek Trail Loop is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ennice, NC that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until October.

Beautiful stream crossing, worth the trip. Wish I had seen the advice on which way to do this trail, it would have been much easier.

Fun way to start the day. We opted to do it clockwise (because I dont understand how clocks work, haha) and it was great. The slow hike down the switch backs and multiple river crossings on the decent were tons of fun. Even the trip back up wasn't bad.

Good trail, be mindful of the roots.

We celebrated our 41st anniversary while enjoying this day hike trail in 90*+ weather! Thankfully we read on AllTrails.com the wise recommendation to approach the Cumberland Knob Loop "counter-clockwise".

Great advice! Exiting the Loop by way of Cully Creek Gorge kept us cooler & in the shade when we needed it most! Plus the added benefit of the switchbacks were so much easier to traverse than the straight up grind we would have endured otherwise!
Thanks for the "tip"!

Definitely hike this trail in reverse. The traditional "front" of the trail has a series of switchbacks, making the ascent easier if you hike it in reverse. Many beautiful stream crossings. Great place for a day hike.

Great hike -- I almost missed out due to the rather severe warning regarding "serious outdoorsman" only. This is well maintained trail with a number of natural creek crossings and small waterfalls. As it starts at the top of the mountain, it is a descend and ascend trek. Depending on which way you proceed around the loop, either the descent or the ascent will be along a series of small creeks that join into Gulley Creek at the bottom. I would recommend taking it counterclockwise, so you have the creeks with you on the way back up - more excuses to stop and catch your breath! It is a fairly strenous trek -- it took me an hour and a half to complete the 2.5 mile loop from the parking lot area.

Great trail. I really enjoyed it, but I don't recommend being the first person on the trail for the day. I ran into entirely too many spider webs.

My favorite trail!

Great Hike. Love all the water crossings. Not busy and great for dogs too.