Goldmine Loop Trail

Goldmine Loop Trail is a 7.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bryson City, NC that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from March until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I took my 7 month old with me in a back pack. Trail is nicely shaded and quite easy ... It took us close to 2 hours to complete, but we stopped for about 25 minutes . Good morning hike. Love loops.

good trail on the road to nowhere.

It's a little more then 4 miles. I stated my hike on the "Road to no where" went threw the tunnel took the second left at the Goldmine loop trail first part of the trip was down hill and easy. Bring its December all the leafs are down and the trail might be a little hard to follow at first but once you reach the bottom section of this trail you will be following the old road bed and you'll see and old home site. When you reach a fork in the road you will find the sign for camp site 67 leaning up on a few trees. I wasn't sure which way to go do I looked on my map. So you know stay to the right. You will reach the lake bed and see the old road quickly disappears into the lake it self. This marks the end of the easy hike and starts your up hill work out!! This isn't a easy trail I stopped several times to catch my breath, but with some perseverance you will reach the ridge line and it becomes easier again. After what seemed to be a half hour or so you will reach the intersection of the tunnel bypass trail I took the .5 mile trip down hill back to the parking lot where I starred. Over all it was a good trip.

Worth the time to hike an easy trail and to get a taste of the area. Loved the tunnel and the history of what should have been. Our famous government at work!

Really Nice hike kinda muddy had been rainy out the last few days. So make sure you go when its dry out.

Lovely trail in the fall. Nice and quiet, very peaceful and not too difficult. Personally, I did not enjoy the tunnel part at the end, but is no big deal at all.