Glen Burney Trail

Glen Burney Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blowing Rock, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

It was a beautiful foggy January day in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. The trail was muddy. The falls were gorgeous. I highly recommend this trail and even when Muddy.

Solid. Really feels like you left town behind.

I went with a friend on this trail. It was my first time hiking. It is a steep decent and thus a steep climb but if you are in okay shape I think it is quite doable. A pretty view and feeling of a great accomplishment when finished.

My wife and I loved this trail. It is worth noting that the side trails to the waterfalls are necessary in order to really appreciate the hike. It is long fairly steep descent on the way in which made for a fun but fairly challenging hike back up. I agree with other reviewers that the trail is narrow at some points mostly from washout. We saw several children but there's no chance we'd ever take our 5 year old out there and maybe on the 8 year old.

Did it today with a 7 and 4 year old. They loved it but I was nervous at some of the narrow sections. Agreed that a Blowing Rock or App State club should adopt this and do some serious maintenance.

Loved this hike. Would not take kids younger than 13.

Nice trail with some cool waterfalls and spots along the creek mostly near those waterfalls. The return trip may wear you down some due to the elevation change. I liked it and definitely was not bored.

Overall, I enjoyed the hike. Most of it's downhill, so the return trip can be a pretty good walk. A few things to see at first, but the further you go, the more you see. The two waterfalls there, (Glen and Marie Burney) are very nice waterfalls. So if you want a challenge, and a family fun hike, this is the trail to go on.

turned off slightly by the sewer system manholes and pipes at the beginning. But after that cleared up the hike was enjoyable. took 3 and 6 year old along and they loved it. We had lunch on top of a falls. Be sure to bring enough water. coming back up seemed easier than the decent.

A moderate trail. Beautiful views on the way down and back up. Slippery in some areas. Totally worth it.