Glen Burney Trail

Glen Burney Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blowing Rock, NC that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

Solid. Really feels like you left town behind.

I went with a friend on this trail. It was my first time hiking. It is a steep decent and thus a steep climb but if you are in okay shape I think it is quite doable. A pretty view and feeling of a great accomplishment when finished.

My wife and I loved this trail. It is worth noting that the side trails to the waterfalls are necessary in order to really appreciate the hike. It is long fairly steep descent on the way in which made for a fun but fairly challenging hike back up. I agree with other reviewers that the trail is narrow at some points mostly from washout. We saw several children but there's no chance we'd ever take our 5 year old out there and maybe on the 8 year old.

Did it today with a 7 and 4 year old. They loved it but I was nervous at some of the narrow sections. Agreed that a Blowing Rock or App State club should adopt this and do some serious maintenance.

Loved this hike. Would not take kids younger than 13.

Nice trail with some cool waterfalls and spots along the creek mostly near those waterfalls. The return trip may wear you down some due to the elevation change. I liked it and definitely was not bored.

Overall, I enjoyed the hike. Most of it's downhill, so the return trip can be a pretty good walk. A few things to see at first, but the further you go, the more you see. The two waterfalls there, (Glen and Marie Burney) are very nice waterfalls. So if you want a challenge, and a family fun hike, this is the trail to go on.

turned off slightly by the sewer system manholes and pipes at the beginning. But after that cleared up the hike was enjoyable. took 3 and 6 year old along and they loved it. We had lunch on top of a falls. Be sure to bring enough water. coming back up seemed easier than the decent.

A moderate trail. Beautiful views on the way down and back up. Slippery in some areas. Totally worth it.

Highly used, but poorly (if at all!) maintained. It is surprising and a shame that some local group doesn't adopt it and give it some much-needed care. The scenery is beautiful, but poles are recommended for a safer trek. Going down is treacherously slick.

Tails needs some attention, trees across trail that you have to climb over, slippery with lots of roots and rocks. Easy to follow trail and Glen Berney and Second water fall were worth seeing.

This was a wonderful day hike. I was expecting it to be harder and longer than it was but it really ended up being just perfect. Glen Burney Falls is to the right when you get to the sign but also make sure to go to the other falls to the left (name is on the sign). Both are beautiful and give off a cool, refreshing mist. My friends and I went to Kilwins for ice cream in Blowing Rock, also highly recommend.

My buddy and I went on this hike thinking it would be much harder and longer, so it was surprising, but not a bad thing. It was nice to chill by the waterfalls. Plus it's right by downtown Blowing Rock so you can get icecream right after the hike if you think like we do