Fall Mountain Trail

Fall Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile loop trail located near Albemarle, NC that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Albemarle, NC: Travel six miles east of Albemarle on NC 740. Turn right (east) onto Morrow Mountain Road and take it into the park. Travel past the park gate and the park residences and you will come to a fork in the road. Bear left and travel to the boat launch. The trail begins either near the boathouse or on the northeastern end of the boat launch parking lot.

Good exercise. I've never seen any good views from the trail. Apparently in winter you can. Don't expect that from the trail.

The trail is well maintained and great for a hike.

I loved this trail! It is rated as moderate and it was a good workout for me! I went with my son and his friend. We enjoyed nature and found many different types of mushrooms, which is one of my fav things to look for! I will definitely do this again. The trail was marked well and it actually is a loop. Other trails I've been on have not exactly been a loop or it has overgrown and I've lost the trail. The restrooms were decent and there is a canoe rental and a place to get snacks/waters, that doesn't open til 10am though. I will be back to rent a canoe.

Great trail!! Loved the quartz garden :):)

Trail was great!

First hike. Didn't stop and managed it in a little over 2 hours. Ready for something a bit tougher.

fun trail to hike especially if you go off the marked trail when following the river north towards the Falls damn really strenuous rocks to climb near damn did it with my dog views make it worth it enough people take this detour that there is a path that meets back up with marked trail .

Very nice trail. Not overly strenuous however up hill part of the way. Great for a dog as it's not very rocky.

Very well marked. However I think it is longer than 4.1 miles.

moderately strenuous is what it is rated. I wouldn't even call it that, but there is some elevation change so I guess it could be. Best part of hike was the flat section along the Yadkin river. It's a loop hike with nothing special to see, just a nice jaunt through the woods. Oh, if you like white quartz rock, there is a lot of that on parts of the trail.

Fall Mountain Trail is located in Morrow Mountain State Park. It runs along the river for a bit, and then begins an ascent to a bluff that overlooks the river (view is obscured by trees/leaves except in late fall / winter).

The trail is well-maintained and is a decent hike.