Cox Mountain Trail

Cox Mountain Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durham, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

The trail is great for a day hike and offers places to camp and launch canoes.

A fairly challenging Trail with great scenery!

great trail

beautiful. great hike.

nice trial. especially down by the Eno river.

Beautiful, moderate walk with river views and quiet canopies.

Nice moderate hike. Easy to get too.

This is a great area to stretch your legs for an afternoon. Easy to locate, non intensive, and beautifully situated.

I'm happy to report my family and I explored this trail today. They did amazing! We had such a good time and it was beautiful! My husband and I had our three youngest children with us ages 4, 6 and 9. I thought it was going to be a little challenging for them but they didn't complain once. We are already making plans to come back and go camping.

Nice moderate hike. Great scenery!

Love this trail it's a great and beautiful hike around the eno!

Enjoyed the steep climb and water along parts of the trail. Great for a day trip! There is also camping close to the trail.

Beautiful river views and an awesome swinging bridge are the highlights. A steep climb will provide all the exercise you need.

Nice walk. Not much of hike tho.

Really enjoyed hiking this trail with a friend last weekend. Was pretty well trafficked, but we saw quite a bit of wildlife too. There does seem to be some construction or clearing of some sort happening back off of the Bobbits Hole trail, but overall this is a great trail for being so close to the city.

Nice, challenging walk for a beautiful Sunday. There weren't a lot of people when we got there and even less further out into the hike. Be prepared for some intense hills and some challenging terrain with roots and rocks.

Cold, windy day in April. I hiked roughly twelve miles of trails and loved every minute of it. There were definitely some good hills that will give you an awesome workout. A few trails were plenty busy, while at one point I didn't see anyone for about an hour. I look forward to hiking this one again.

Nice moderate walking or jogging trail with some good hills. several side trails within the park to split off on.

It is a pretty easy trail. Dog friendly. Good for a weekend morning hike.