Densons Creek Nature Trail - Uwharrie National Forest

Densons Creek Nature Trail - Uwharrie National Forest is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Troy, NC and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A lovely and easy hike. The first road crossing was well marked, thanks to the Boy Scouts, but the return crossing was not as clear, and I slowly walked by the side of the highway until I found it. Other than this small glitch, it was a very enjoyable hike on a perfect autumn day.

This was a great hike, I did the 2.2 mile loop. It is obvious though that this location is not hiked often, that being said I cleared all the spiderwebs off the trail for you. I liked that is a little overgrown in areas and its like you away from the hustle and bustle of the normal world.
Its also worth mentioning that I hiked this with my almost 2 year old, so it is not very difficult.

This hike has two loops, a short one, 1 mile, and a longer one, 2.2 miles. It's rated easy and in dry weather it is. I've hiked the longer loop four times and each time I saw and heard different friends, squirrels, birds, and other groundlings. Today I heard a woodpecker that was very busy. The hike circles Denson's Creek and features several spots where the water spilling sounds make a peaceful resting place. I've enjoyed the hike in the summer and the winter. The tall pines are a thing of beauty reaching up trying to touch the sky.

This was my first hike and it was also a solo hike. The trail was an easier trail so this was perfect for a first timer. I chose to take the extended trail instead of the optional short loop and loved the trail moving beside of Densen's creek, however, I missed the last section of the trail, I am not sure if the markings were hidden or what, but came out at the 24/27 parking lot and way unsure of where I was in accordance to the ranger station. I did enjoy a nice quiet lunch beside the creek, listening to the birds singing, watching the water, and even saw a fawn jump from the creek bed and scurry off. The day was hot, the trail was abandoned other than myself but it was a nice day for a hike.