Neusiok Trail

Neusiok Trail is a 22.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Havelock, NC that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Bring medical kit/snake bite kit in summer/tons of ticks.

Awesome trail, boardwalk sections are

This is one of my favorite trails right along side of the river with an Atlantic breeze.

Always great

Beautiful trail. Lots of loops so you can make it a day hike or keep going and head to the mountains. Some good geocaches too.

Love this segment of the NC Mountains to Sea Trail! Make sure you don't go after a heavy rain unless u like wet boots. The ticks are fierce, definitely bring DEET. We've hikes this 3 times and still haven't seen any gators under the boardwalks like Backpacker Magazine suggests. LOL

The Neusiok Trail makes a nice 42 mile yoyo style hike. I did the trail this January for the third time. Parked at the North end close to sunset and night hiked to the first shelter which it's about 4.5 miles. The next day I hiked 33 miles which got me to Oyster Point campground and then back to the same shelter. On Sunday it was an easy 4.5 miles back to the car. The trail was really wet this time.

I've hiked the trail in January, March and September. The winter it's definitely the great time to hike this trail. Camping on the beach is also really nice.

This was a nice trail although the bugs were bad in some areas due to the rainfall the previous day. The trail looked as though it has been neglected somewhat with all the downed trees and broken branches but was still pretty cool. The beach was very nice and seeing the military jets from Cherry Point MCAS practicing maneuvers overhead was awesome. It wasn't crowded at all which was very nice too. I would like to hike this trail again when the bugs aren't as bad.

Well it was hot as rain drops out there today. I got there around 9a.m. I followed the blue trail until it crossed back out onto a graveled road. Ticks, & Spiders are in full effect make sure to cover up. I was a little frighten when I saw a few bear prints but luckily I didn't run across any bears.

Robert, the section marked on the map off of hwy 101 and Ferry Rd is 4.2 miles round trip. Nice short walk. We enjoy it with our kids and dogs.

Someone reported this as a four mile trail! Seriously? The Neusiok is a 21 mile contiguous trail traversing pine savanna, pocosin, marsh and hardwood forest. There are 3 camping shelters along the trail. Part of the Mountain to sea Trail this is the longest hiking trail in eastern NC.

With the exception of December and January, you're going to heed a LOT of DEET. This trail is mostly through Wetlands and marsh, so mosquitoes are an issue. For the most part it is an easy and well maintained stretch of trail in flat country.