Cattail

Cattail is a 1 mile loop trail located near Huntersville, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This park is beautiful. I took my dog here it was a beautiful day in December. This trail itself is really small I think it's .36miles total but I'm not 100% sure. There are other various trails I believe throughout latta the same size or larger. This trail is kind of a joke- it isn't even really marked. There's also a creepy memoir where a person died? I'm not sure - just assuming due to the nature of the objects by the trees and the photo/prayer posted. I love latta but this trail sucks.

A short and easy loop, with wonderful views as it follows along the edge of the lake for much of the distance. It is very family and dog-friendly, and is easy to combine with many other trails at the Latta Plantation Nature Preserve.

I suggest to park at the canoe launch, take the Audubon and the Cattail loops. Bathrooms are in the middle. about an hour. east hike, watch for roots.

Easy trail next to the water...short loop with pretty scenery. We did the Audubon loop which was a little more challenging but still easy with better views of the water.