Bradley Creek Trail

Bradley Creek Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saluda, NC that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A relatively flat creekside hike to numerous cascades. This is a relatively flat trail heading up stream of Bradley Creek. At least twice you will encounter a fork in the trail. In both cases veer right back towards the creek. I took this trail in hopes of finding Little Bradley Falls. There are numerous cascades, but I only found one of significant size. Although I don't think it is Little Bradley Falls. Nonetheless the falls and cascades I did view were easy to get to off of the trail. There were many downed trees across the trail which made for a lot of climbing up-and-over.

I made the mistake of confusing this with Little Bradley Falls but it ended up being a great outing. I had my seven year old daughter and eight year old bulldog with me and even as tenacious as they both are, trying to reach the falls was too dangerous. We enjoyed the well worn path, playing along the river and the wildflowers in the first part of the trail. Several species of butterflies were all around as well.

The stream and small falls about half way there was fun but, getting on the overlook for Bradley Falls was dangerous and getting to the bottom of the falls was a major trick.

The actual trail we followed for Bradley Creek is different than the trails other hikers have associated with this trail. The track we followed for the actual trail, although a scenic walk in the woods along a creek, about 3/4 in encounters several newer No Trespassing and Beware of Dog signs and what looks like a homeless persons campsite. It then promptly ends at a newer gravel road; no waterfall. A little anti-climactic to say the least. Our assumption is that most people are following the other numerous trails to either Little Bradley or Big Bradley Falls and associating it with Bradley Creek. Be sure to know which one you are hiking.

nice fairly easy, large trees crossing trail in a couple of spots, some large rocks from construction or erosion control make one area more difficult especially when wet.

Nice and easy trail off of Holbert Cove Road. Good for dogs and even young children (although there is a tricky stream crossing).Hiked this trail during summer camps at Camp Palmetto. Brings back some of the best memories in my life.