Boone Fork Trail

Boone Fork Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Boone, NC that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

great hike me and my wife walked it in late june lots of blooming plants and under the trees it was quite cool lots of places to rest and relax will do again when in the area. is a 5 mile loop trail located near Boone, North Carolina that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great sights!

I went up Crag Way and down Boy Scout. The ladders were fun. There were great views along the way. Keep your eyes open for the plain wreckage.

Great trail, beautiful stream and waterfall, a little bit on the hard side, some uneven terrain but very doable even for not hikers. It took us about 4 hrs to complete.

Very pretty, water crossings aren't too bad. Nothing too difficult on the trail. Lots of stairs, some with 2~ ft high ledges before the first step, and a bit of climbing up rocks,

..Not fun in the dark... Easy to get lost when you can't see

Excellent trail on a beautiful October day. Difficult, numerous water crossings, steep steps and ladders but well worth the views. Hebron Falls is really pretty and the new MST Bridge is amazing.

Great trail with a lot of different scenery in the loop. Hebron falls side trail is definitely worth it with some fun scrambling. I'ld consider it moderate with a few shallow water crossings but feet didn't really get wet at least went the water wasn't high. Recommend starting to the right as you'll have more energy for the falls. Can always turn back early from there if you need as well.

It was a great hike and great combination of water, woods, and mountain views. The meadow towards the campsite was beutiful. Just wear water proof shoes.

This trail was amazing! We are not in the best shape and definitely were breathing hard but had no problem finishing. It took us around 4 hours to complete the trail which included a trip to see the falls. We ended at the campground which I would absolutely recommend since we would not have had the energy to see the falls if we had hiked it the opposite way. We also had our dog and she loved every second of it!
While we had read reviews about the meadow, we were stunned when we found it. It was absolute heaven! I recommend this trial wholeheartedly!!

OUTSTANDING!

I will do it again when all the leaves have fallen.

We took this on after finishing the Price Lake Loop, and took it on the clockwise direction.

Really not a tough trail - certainly has some "technical" areas, but not difficult

We also came in from the ampitheater, and it certainly adds some time/distance to the hick.

All worth it - and if you have time and energy, take the side trail to Hebron falls!

Really a great trail - GREAT

Fun trail. Lots of beautiful views throughout. I completed the trail counter clockwise but I would suggest doing the trail clockwise as this way it gets better as it goes. Not easy but not overly difficult for someone in decent shape.

I wish I could give this 10 stars!! Such a fun trail and adventure! This trail is marked as difficult. I can see why that may be, but don't let that deter you. The difficulty is more from the terrain. Lots of roots and rocks to navigate. The trail crosses the river numerous times on the loop, so you are walking on rocks or logs in various places which adds to the fun. We saw young and old on this trail, so it is definitely for all! Worth the challenge!

Was a good hike. 2.5 hours long. Understand why it's rated strenuous as I would be reluctant to bring my kids, but was a pretty easy hike otherwise.

Camped at the nearby Julian Price campground. Was a nice hike, fairly flat. No mountain views, but plenty of river and boulders. Took about 2.5 hrs to complete. Can be muddy in places and crosses the creek in several places.

Absolutely beautiful but I think the first 2.5-3 miles are prettier than the second half. Going back, I'd likely turn around at that point versus finishing the loop. Depending where you are on the trail, I would say difficulty is moderate to strenuous.

Awesome trail! It was a little tougher than I expected but well worth the 5 mile loop.

Great trail--don't expect mountain views but take advantage of the off road paths that lead to water falls. Rocky and slippery at times so wear shoes with good grip.

Beautiful, take your time and enjoy all the side trails!