Blue Ridge Parkway: Blowing Rock to Asheville

Blue Ridge Parkway: Blowing Rock to Asheville is a 87.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Boone, NC that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

87.3 miles 30953 feet Point to Point

Absolutely beautiful!

scenic driving

There is so much to see along this section of the Parkway...Moses Cone Memorial Park, Julian Price Park, Rough Ridge/Linn Cove Viaduct/Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Crabtree Falls, Mt. Mitchell and Craggy Gardens to add some names. And of course the drive and overlook views are spectacular!

Nice hike . Nothing to look forward to at the end

scenic driving

So, after traveling domestic and international, amongst some pretty fabulous landscapes, I still think this drive is one of my top 3! Especially in fall. There is a magical time within the first and second week of October! Makes you literally want to stop at every overlook. Not to mention the enjoyment of driving the curves while it is leafing! Stunning...just stunning!

scenic driving

I drove this about a year ago. It was one beautiful ride. We hiked some little side trails along the way.

Beautiful place over night stay.

scenic driving

The parkway is simply beautiful all through the year. Reminded me a lot of Germany, how the people started villages in the mountain valleys.

scenic driving

The parkway is an awesome scenic byway, especially this section. I drive the "missing link" section the most- Grandfather mtn. to Boone, NC. But, during August, 2008, I rode the parkway from Asheville to Linville Falls, NC. That completed this 90-mile section. Lots of nice attractions along the parkway, including Mt. Michell.

scenic driving

This is a wonderful high road. I have driven it all but it is more fun to spend time driving a section and stopping often.

scenic driving

Well worth the time!! Stop and hike or drive straight thru you wont regret it.

Truly one of America's greatest treasures! Have driven all of it and many sections several times. Get out and do some of the many leg stretchers, you won't regret it

I call the BRP my drug of choice. I have driven all of the sections to the 400+ miles on many occasions. I just seem to breath easier and stress less the second my rubber hits that payment. It is truly one of the most beautiful stretches of hwy that I have seen in the entire US. Always so clean, uncluttered and breathtaking.

scenic driving

Made this trip several times when I lived in Boone. Scenic view after scenic view. Hands down, one of my favorite drives!

scenic driving

I've driven the blue-ridge several times and it never gets old. Great place to make day-trips out of a drive.

scenic driving

The Blue Ridge has the same ridge, valley and mountain scenery as the Shenandoah Parkway - perhaps with more open vistas. I prefer Shenandoah, but I think that is because my recent drives on the Blue Ridge were unaccompanied. The screnery is great, and the fact that you can drive so far in the East, without the hassles of Interstate highways or other non-scenic distrations, is itself amazing. Be prepared for intermittent road closures in winter.

Awsome!