Bartram Trail: Jones Gap to Whiterock Mountain

Bartram Trail: Jones Gap to Whiterock Mountain is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Highlands, NC and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice secluded trail with great views. Do not follow the directions given by the app though. this website has the correct directions.

The trail head labeled Bartram Trail, found out we were on Scaly Mountain Trail. But the Hike was great. Great views on top and the trail is the right amount of difficulty for it to still be fun. I would hike this trail again.

My son and I enjoyed this trail, weather was great (just shy of a record high for January). The terrain is family friendly for the most part. Got some nice photos of the falls at about a third of the way in. Will be back!

This trail is amazing. I set out to find a trail in the mountains, that had majestic views and wasn't going to kick my butt too bad. THIS IS IT. my girlfriend and I took a 2 day camping trip to the Bartram Trail. Starting at Jones Gap (3500 ft elev) we hiked up Jones Knob (4622ft) Whiterock Mt (4480ft) abd Little Fishhawk (4642ft) where we finally camped on a bluff and it was some of the coolest, and yet also easiest hiking/camping to date. There were so many outlooks into the mountains and if one were to just go from the trail head to the third gap, it takes less than an hour, but i highly recommend hiking to the summits. This adds over 2 miles of extra hiking but it is so worth every step.