Badin Lake Trail

Badin Lake Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New London, NC that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is a great day hike along the shoreline of Badin Lake. It is great for couples, kids or groups. Badin Lake Trail (Loop) is listed on the map as 5.6 miles. However, the area around Arrowhead Campground loops in a paved figure-eight pattern for bike riders. This can be excluded from the trail, reducing the total length to 5.2 miles.

Hiking on this trail was enjoyable, as it was a hike after all.

That being said, don't bother, go somewhere else. There were giant spider webs every 20 feet, and the trail was not marked well. There were several times when we had to guess which direction to go in as there were no signs, and several trails going in different directions.

Kind of a dingy place to drive through as well, we won't be back, altho im still glad we tried it.

I loved this trail. You are right along the shoreline for the majority of the hike, which is great. It's a pretty flat trail which makes it an easy walk. The trail is not well maintained in places and it leads you right through people's campsites, which was awkward. You definitely have to keep your eye out for the white markers on the trees to keep you on trail bc it's easy to get off trail (but easy to get back on).

This was a great hike this morning, my daughter and I loved the "white" trail around the edge of the lake. We also had her black lab with us. Lots of great views across the lake, our hike was about 6.1 miles.

Easy walk with great access to camping locations. Disappointed by the amount of garbage all along the trail (filled one large garbage bag and didn't even touch it).

Very easy trail. Hiked it with my 13yr old nephew and my dog in 2hrs. Some places are hard to follow white blaze trail marking but following the shoreline brings you back on trail. We saw 4 Blue Herrons along the shoreline in the small coves as well as a couple of deer. Easy access from our campsite at Arrowhead Campground.

This trail was easy terrain however, watch for the white train markers sometimes it's very hard to see them also if you want to cut the hike short you could take the green trail when they intersect each other (but watch the horse droppings the green trail is also a horse trail)

This is a great trail for couples, families and groups. There are several camping areas along the lake that convinced me to return in the future. I recommend this trail to anyone living in the area looking for a quick day hike without driving far.

Pleasant walk in the woods with a few steeper spots going up to the ridge.

Nice easy, with places too cool off.