Westchester Wilderness Trail

Westchester Wilderness Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pound Ridge, NY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Good local place for hiking. You won't find many views but it does offer pretty good trails through forest. Went in the morning in October and it was very quiet but I did hear more hikers later on in the day. The main trail is very easy to follow and maintained. The side trails only became slightly tougher walking on rocks but nothing too hard. Came across many deer while going through and some interesting spots pointed out on the trail map there. Definitely a nice, easy and quiet walk through the woods.

Very well kept. Easy to navigate. Not a lot of varied views. Very buggy. Still worth it. Great exercise!

Relaxed walk. I enjoyed the information on different trees. Trail signs are not easy to find. I took a few incorrect turns. Nothing really serious. The trail is slippery at times due to lack of direct sun light. I saw only one family in two hours. I would not consider it for a hard jog since at times one needs to be careful with branches and slippery rocks.

The main parking entrance was very hard to find. It didn't look like an entrance. When we walked in, it was very pretty. There were signs explaining the trees and such. However, midway the signs disappeared and turned into red dots. So apparently the red dots meant wrong way, leading to someone's backyard. And the other side of red was green marks. I guess a lot of people have gotten lost before. We backtracked our steps and couldn't find the markers to continue the loop. So we went back the same direction we came in. A bit disappointed but as the name says "wilderness".

Literally around the corner but had never been there. Went over for a quick hike today and was surprised at the variety of landscapes the trail takes you through. We did the western loop and half the southern loop. Even got the new layer cake rock loop that just opened. Will definitely be back to explore more of the trails.

well marked trails with dead trees, markers and an occasional map marked "you are here". rolling up and down with no asenrs more than 100 yards or so. nice woodsy environment. while not looking for birds, I saw a pilated woodpecker and red tail hawk. left from upper shad...after 1 tenth of a mile initial part was swampy, many exposed tree roots and some walking on stones - maybe 1 tenth of a mile...much better after that.

Lovely. For a walk without a natural highlight like a waterfall or view it is one of the best in Westchester. Trails are circuitous but well marked with fallen logs, which would make navigating difficult with snow. Careful placement of rocks enables you to pass without getting wet feet.

This is by far one of my family's favorite places to hike. The trails are well kept and we love the various information on the trail markers.

We stumbled upon this one and were pleasantly surprised. One of our favorite hikes in this area.

Zafnass family preserve is an entrance to the Westchester Wilderness Walk. I found the trail easy to use and almost no people walking the trails.