Under Cliff Trail

Under Cliff Trail is a 6.1 mile loop trail located near Philipstown, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

6.1 miles 2096 feet Loop

The trail was tough in the beginning, it was hard a climb for the first mile then it leveled off and descends. There was some great views of the Hudson River and other mountains in the area. Definitely would do it again, but would try some other trails in the area instead.

Absolutely beautiful vistas. Be careful to stay on the trail. Get a trail map before hiking. A little crowded at times.

I wasn't prepared for this long hike at all. Been reading about this trail and everyone else has been saying you can just modify it access to your style and ability. I followed the trail from Alltrails anyway. I didn't know it was freakin long. Anyway, I took the White, Blue, Red, Yellow then back to White trail. I got lost twice. Mainly because I was trying to look for the off trail scenic views. But other than that the trail markers were quite clear. be careful when the Washburn(white) and Yellow Trails meet, just keep on following the white until you see the Notch(blue) trail. What I liked about this trail is it has scenic elevations, abandoned old historic areas, brooks/streams, forest floor, and even a quarry. It isn't as busy as the Breakneck Ridge. I'd say that to me, it's just more strenuous than the Breakneck because this one is longer. Watch out for the mysterious deep well with that stone cover along the Blue trail. it was a bit creeepy. Over all, I was dead tired but I loved the fact that you feel accomplished and rewarded by the views of the trail.

Went up the blue trail. LOVED the ruins about a mile into it. We spent so much time there, the sun started to go down so we climbed a little more, but never made it to the top due to lack of time. Deff going back to climb to the top. next time going to explore the white trail.