Turkey Mountain Trail

Turkey Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yorktown Heights, NY that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Good trail for a family hike. Short enough so that the kids won't complain, but challenging enough that they will feel that they have accomplished something when they reach the summit. Good view from the peek.

Love this little hike. We went up the white trail, and down blue...but not sure what big difference it would make to do it the other way around. Somewhat tricky footwork, and some steep inclines, but doable and worth it at the top. Blue trail became slightly less emblazoned on the way down, but maybe we weren't paying enough attention! Saw no wildlife at all. Overall, one of my favorites!

My first time on this trail, went up white and down blue. Very slippery because of leaves, first week in November. I would recommend up blue and down white.

Beautiful trial definitely up white down blue pay attention to markers going down .

Chose this spot for my second hike ever. Compared to my first ever hike at Schunemunk Mtn this place was a much needed change of pace and terrain. Good amount of parking spaces at the trailhead. I chose to go up the White to get some workout. It was a short climb up and very manageable for beginners like me. View at the top was sweet for the minimal climbing effort. Trails are marked fairly well and I didn't have much trouble finding myself around. It seems like a popular trail for the locals and I ran into many friendly people on an early Friday afternoon. So don't panic if you do find yourself a bit lost. After enjoying the view at the top I took the Blue trail back to the lot. It's a fairly fast hike but you can choose to do it fast or slow. Overall a very lovely place to visit alone or with your family for a nice day outdoors.

Quick beautiful hike with a great view. I take the white trail up because I like the steep incline, and the blue down which is a bit longer but less difficult. Very enjoyable loop.

A wonderful hike with modest effort yielding a rewarding vista. Off trail you can find leatherman's cave - check map.

Pretty easy trail. It's great to do with kids and you can see the NYC skyline at the top!

Terrific. Some poisonous snakes around but have never been a prob. A fun hike!!!

nice steep ascent via white trail up to the top. took us about 20 min to summit. had lunch then descended via blue trail, another 30 min. short good hike with decent views at the top.

Great quick short trail w great views specifically at the summit

This was an awesome, fairly easy and quick hike. Perfect for the beginning of a day when you have stuff to do but still really want to spend a few hours outside beforehand. Did the blue trail up and white down. The white was a bit steeper, but pretty fun! While the views are pretty good, the top of the mountain itself was just as cool as the views (huge stretches of rock, patches of moss, etc). A gorgeous hike to take in late autumn!