Tinkers Falls Trail

Tinkers Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tully, NY that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

very cool

Technically, you are not allowed to mountain bike on any trails in the tinkers falls area. But, there is a hidden gem here for some downhill. If you park at the normal parking lot on 91 and ride down 91, take a left on Shackham Road and go up the hill. At the top of the hill, you will see a trail that crosses the road. Go left towards tinker falls. After a short uphill hike there is flat and decently smooth singletrack for awhile which then leads into a steep off camber trail which ends at the top of the falls. It's a solid 10 minutes of fast downhill, but be sure to have good brakes. Also, the corners on the steep hill are very sharp so be ready to slow down, and there are some logs down across the trail. I have never even seen anyone else on this trail, so I wouldn't worry about getting yelled at for riding on this trail.

Very steep on the part that we did. We didn't use the falls trail.

Steep and challenging but worth the view

very nice hike glad we started on the falls end then followed trail to hang-glider launch.

the trail to the overlook of the pond was butt busting for a bit and what a great hike, I'm going back for the falls trail.

Easy hike to the falls. Nice spot for a family. Not privet at all and lots of people. State has a nice crush rock trail all the way to the water fall and benches . Has alot of parking and all so handicap access parking as well.

Fun hike! Don't forget bug spray!!

i like that they made a path up the waterfall now so anyone can get up there. if you do the extended trails this area is not as easy but I find it peaceful at tinker falls

Great hike! My husband and I are avid hikers. We just moved from San Diego California and we're hoping to find a hike that would be challenging and enjoyable. Beautiful waterfall, I can only imagine how pretty it's going to be once spring and summer set in! I would rate this hike an easy-medium. We took the light blue trail, great hike for our first hike in CNY.

With my dog, Hiked up the creek instead of the trail, so it was a little more fun. Then went up to hang glider point, 2 miles up hill, a trek, but great view at the top. It was pretty busy on a beautiful March 27, don't know if I would go there on a summer weekend, I bet it's mobbed with people...

Loved the waterfall! Crazy steps, very slippery!