Timp Trail

Timp Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tomkins Cove, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

I started at the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area and hiked into Bear Mountain State Park via the Fawn trail. The Fawn trail intersects the Timp Torne trail which I followed South up the ridge leading to Western Mountain then turns East towards Jones Point overlooking the Hudson River.

This hike surprised me with the amazing views it offered throughout the entire hike. In addition there were a couple cool features like an awesome cave halfway up. This hike should certainly not be labeled as "hard" though, definitely a moderate hike. The only downside is that there is not a great vista viewpoint at the end, but the views on the way up make up for it.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great workout, being that it was a steady difficult incline as well as steep descent (on the blue). The views on the way up were unreal! My friend and I couldn't stop taking pictures. When you reach Timp's peak, you have a great (distant) view of Manhattan. I would recommend you bring food and water. It took us about 4 hours, with a few stops. I'd say it would be best if you are active already and have done a few hikes before. Enjoyed it!

Great trail with good views.

Great views