The IBM Glen Trail: An Educational Preserve of the Fred L. Waterman Center

The IBM Glen Trail: An Educational Preserve of the Fred L. Waterman Center is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Endicott, NY that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The IBM Glen comprises over 200 acres in the Town of Union, in the heart of the so-called Triple Cites region in New York State's Southern Tier. The IBM Glen is a "Place For All Seasons"! The IBM Glen contains a mature forest with some of the oldest and largest trees in Broome County, and its cascading gorge is the region's finest. For centuries people have enjoyed the Glen's majestic trees, cool waterfalls, colorful wildflowers, and abundant bird and animal life. We know that the region's native inhabitants must have loved this magical spot, and when white settlers began to arrive in the 18th century one of the first homesteaders built next to the Glen.

It is very easy and not crowded. I wish it were better maintained in some parts but compared to the other binghamton trails, this is a fairly good one.

Bridge and waterfall in bottom dry this fall

If you enter near from the back parking lot of the Traditions at the Glen country club a fun descent creek side run. Recently this entrance had been closed off to traffic with a private property posting, I still just park and walk up the hill to the creek entrance. If you park on the Robinson hill road entrance this trail goes downhill figuratively and literally. Very long ascent down a gravelly trail that you'll have to go all the way back up, uninteresting and no fun. You will eventually get down to the creek trails

Dog friendly. Geocaching friendly. Moderate in difficulty. Most hikes start going downhill and become steep uphill climbs on the return trip. Paved trails eroded in some areas.

We went around April 2016. The trail was incorrectly marked and at mid way ended up at the rear end of a golf course, a trail to the highway, and an old rusty water tower. Couldn't find a waterfall either. We passed about four others who also could not find a waterfall. Someone mentioned the trail has a partial new owner, hence the misleading directions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The trails are nice and paved. Little buggy so bring bug spray. Very peaceful. I did end up on the golf course but that was my fault for not paying attention.

Beautiful. Like a miniature version of Watkins Glen Gorge.

Nice hike through the Glen. I grew up in Johnson City, but this was the first time I hiked the Glen as an adult. I was visiting JC with my BF and the hike was a perfect outing. We started on the paved trail and then took more of a scenic route and walked along the rivers edge since the water level was low. I managed to slip and fall because I wasn't paying attention and the flat rocks were wet and slick. No injuries, thank goodness for water repellent pants. We didn't see any wildlife, and only heard birds very infrequently. Overall, a nice, quiet, peaceful hike with some hills but mostly flat.

This is a great stroll. Parking is close and an easy trail. Best in the fall

We took my in-laws here over the weekend for a quick hike. The trail is really pretty and was a nice light workout. Next time my husband and I go we will bring bugspray!

My family has come to The Glen to walk many times and love it. The trail is kept fairly well. There are some spots that have been washed out along the sides of the trail. It winds around and through the woods and is so calm and peaceful that you wouldn't even know the interstate is not far away. The parking lot is at the top of the hill so when walking back to your vehicle it will be all up hill, and a great workout. The stone bridge is part of the old trail that followed the creek. That trail is in need of repair and isn't passable in some spots so be careful if you go that route because you will have to climb over and under and around trees, rocks, and banks to continue. I highly recommend this trail.

My family has walked at the IBM Glen trail for many years. The trails are fairly well maintained. Due to flooding in the past some of the stone and cement bridges are gone but there is still one that is standing and usable that crosses the creek. It is a beautiful place to walk in the Spring, Summer, and Autumn. We haven't gone in the winter. The parking lot for the trail is small but nice. The trail starts at the top of the hill so walking back to the parking lot is all up hill. It is a great workout in some beautiful scenery. I highly recommend this trail.