The Bloomingdale Bog Trail

The Bloomingdale Bog Trail is a 19.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Saranac Lake, NY. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

easy level for mountain biking, great for beginners like myself. but the trail is beautiful! and you can make the ride as long as you want

I've run this trail probably 50 times. Not tough at all. straight and flat, although the first mile is slightly downhill. most people just go the 3.9 miles from rt 73 to rt 55. but what makes it great, is. it's close to town, and easy. You can choose to go to first bridge, 2.85 miles, our to rt 55, 4 miles, our all the way to Buck pond for and easy 20 mile round trip. K ::) nada boring, and at places sandy for serious mountain biking. but good for an easy trip out

What a great trail! A converted rail line from way back, so it's flat and straight, but very pleasant. The path is raised above the boggy areas around it, so it's dry. I was here on a very beatiful, sunny, crisp Fall morning and had a blast. I ran from the Wesstern access point (1.3 miles North of the Hospital, on the right - look for the black Labrador sign), out about 4.9 miles and then back. I met only a few people and a couple very well-behaved dogs. The terrain is mostly sandy with a lot of evergreen trees. Some sections were wonderfully shaded and others exposed. There's a great stone bridge at mile 4.5.

This trail is hard to find on the western endpoint. Using GPS we managed to find the trailhead. Look for a sign with the silhouette of a Black Lab. Go right at sign and park on left. Trailhead just beyond parking. Beautiful wetland scenery in the Adirondack. Flat but full of roots and sandy sections. I used a hybrid bike with no problems, but a pure mountain bike would have been easier. I really liked this trail. Should I really contribute to making it more popular? ;)