Sterling Ridge to Lake Trail

Sterling Ridge to Lake Trail is a 11.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tuxedo Park, NY that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is very nice place to moderate hiking place. Don't miss Green wood lake view that is most beautiful place to see. It takes one and half hours from Sterling forest state park information center. There is a little up and down in this trail but not too hard. I will definitely be back with my family.

This was a nice hike and a nice area. I've been to Harriman many times and never went over to Sterling State Forest. The woman at the visitor's center was very nice and very knowledgeable. Hunting season is in full effect right now so she told me which areas may be more prone to seeing hunters. I was on the ridge trail to see the fire tower (which was a great view) and I also went on the orange trail to get a view of one of the other lakes, which I would recommend. Well marked trails. I will definitely be back.

Visitor center staff were great and well informed. Well marked trails, challenging and some nice views