South End of Lake George Tour

South End of Lake George Tour is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lake George, NY that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This Guide will take you to some of the key tourist attractions at the south end of Lake George, NY I grew up in Lake George and I would like to share with you my suggestion of a nice afternoon at the south end of the lake if you are not familiar with the area. This guide will take you to historic markers, a famous Fort and along a waterfront stroll to steamboat rides, beaches, gift shops and bars if you are interested. I've always felt that Lake George Village is far too touristy... too many gift shops arcades, etc. For those who really want to see the south end of the lake I suggest you follow this guide and hit up the spots I've pointed out which will take you away from the cheesy shops (except for one area that I do point out). This walk can be done in an afternoon. I only have a few photos up now but hope to add more as I locate them. For now, just follow the guide and make sure to check out all the POI's.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!