Smithtown to Sunken Meadow State Park

Smithtown to Sunken Meadow State Park is a 17.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Smithtown, NY that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

beach

I

Easy trail with nice views. Good park to bring the family. Came to check out fishing spots on the river but that part of the river is closed off to the public w/o a fishing reservation. Sights include a small lake, some marsh land and small creek. Plenty of birds, waterfowl, and chipmunks.

The greenbelt trail was awesome but a tick landed on mt daughter's leg. Please be careful.

It was a hot day to

It was great because it was hard to find our way but still got a great day so hiking is the best hiking place ever by the way be carfull and happy summer thank you for reading my note and also this is the best my 3 kids love this so thank you

I have not been here since grade school. So yes, it was awhile ago. I was slightly disappointed. I was hoping for more of a nature experience. I wouldn't consider it a good hike to test endurance. Does serve well if your looking for a nice stroll in large open trails with family. I had to circle several times to get my target distance. Park is well kept and trails well marked.

Good LI hike. We've done it twice on weekends and very little traffic.

It was a nice, m ostly flat trail with views of the water in some areas.