Slide Mountain Loop

Slide Mountain Loop is a 7 mile loop trail located near Bearsville, NY that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible from March until November.

Did a much longer overnight loop that included a shootout to giants ledge and Panther Mountain. Then back to hike a loop encompassing Cornell, Whitenberg, and Slide mountains finishing back at the campground we parked at ($). Good loop ~20mi w/ extra leg for Panther Mtn.

This is my favorite trail. I've hiked it in all seasons and there's always something to see. I even saw a porcupine! There is also good camping along the way.

It was a fun hike. I highly recommend the scenic route. There are a few nice look outs but the scent of pine and hike itself through the woods are all the worthwhile.

Awesome hike. Pretty difficult. Lots of fun scrambling. Water available but not abundant. Awesome views!!

What a disaster, drove with my family for an hour and never found the trail. Ended up driving a private road with a cliff drop of 40 feet on each side. We looked for SHOP road and ended up in a driveway of a residential home. As my wife said, that was the easiest hike I have ever went on, because we never got out of the car. Doc23