Rudl Loop Trail

Rudl Loop Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Skaneateles, NY that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

A well-kept, well-marked loop through the woods, featuring a creek and small waterfall overlook.

This was perfect for a short weeknight hike but we will be back for a long hike for sure. We grabbed a map from the booth and found that the trails were clearly marked. This was a great spot for our Weim to explore and walk off-leash. Bring bug spray.

I like how underdeveloped this trail is. Its a nice hike through the woods and I rarely see any other people especially during winter/ early spring.

Great place to let dogs play and hike off leash

Relaxing, moderate hiking through fields and medium density woods. Some trails are not well marked so snap a pic of the trail map and have a compass app handy. Boots are a good idea if you plan to go off the main trails as you'll find yourself in some marshy areas and some creek beds. There are some good hills and valleys but nothing major... a few apple trees work very nice Granny Smith apples.

Across the street from the waterfall are many more trails that less people travel on. That's where I was and it is very swampy and bug infested, but I had a good time with my friend. The farther back you go the less often the trails are marked which can make things confusing but we powered through using our maps. I have however traveled on the waterfall side and I quite like it a lot more then the swampy muddy buggy area.

This is a nice short little trail. It kind of rambles around and ends up being a couple of miles of you do a full loop. There is a nice little falls and a couple of places to get a good view. I took my 5 year old and 2 year old (on my back). The conditions were slippery and very wet/muddy.

In the beginning of the trail, there is a section of logs lining the trail, which seems like a bad idea. For the most part, it is an easy little hike, but you might want to plan on getting dirty if you go.

I've taken the walking path a few times. It's a nice, clear-the-mind walking area. I didn't realize it was ok to walk in the water — will try that another time. There are also other walking trails from nearby parking areas along the same road.

There are two paths to take. The first is to go do a creek walk which is a little challenging due to the amount of lose rocks but only short section are like this. At the end of the creek you get rewarded with a nice small water fall. The second path is taking the walking trail. The hike again is a little challenging but only .5 miles to see the top of the water fall. You can’t see the fall well with all the trees in the way, your best time to go would be in the fall. You could continue to go around the trail which is mark for a nice hike of streams, marsh, ponds and thin to dense woods. If you call the town clerk you could camp overnight but the area is not far from the road.

Very nice and accessible. Diverse terrain within short distances of one another.

A bit muddy, but otherwise very well-kept. Great for a short hike locally in CNY. View of the waterfall is obscured by trees and requires scaling a very steep cliff to view it in full.