Siamese Ponds Hike

Siamese Ponds Hike is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Indian Lake, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

beach

As another reviewer stated this hike starts out pretty bland. A few miles in may change your mind. I bring my fly rod in with me and the sight of the East branch of the Sacandaga makes me giddy. The hike takes me about 7 hours of just walking. The pond is beautiful and the bottom was sandy and although I have never swam in it I would guess it is nice. I did run into an exceptionally large black bear, but although we came within 15 yards of each other he didn't seem to care I was there. There is a lean-to and lots of good camping sights.

Did the first 2 miles and it was real buggy and nothing to see. Maybe on a different day and a little farther in would be more interesting.

A tough start and then is very easy after that winds along the East Branch of the Sacandaga to a lean to and large suspension bridge to the trail to Siamese Ponds. Tenting sites all around the ponds.

This hike is about 6 miles. At first the trail is short up hill followed by a moderate down hill for about a mile. Then the trail meanders along the river up hill and down, with several stream crossings and then at the leanto where the trail splits, you cross a bridge over the river and begin a up hill for about a mile ending at the lower Siamese pond. There are several camping sites around the lower pond and a very nice site between the upper and lower ponds near the out flow of the upper pond. This a moderately difficult hike but very well worth the trip. And the fishing is great!