Siamese Ponds from Eleventh Mountain Trail

Siamese Ponds from Eleventh Mountain Trail is a 13.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bakers Mills, NY that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from December until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

beach

As another reviewer stated this hike starts out pretty bland. A few miles in may change your mind. I bring my fly rod in with me and the sight of the East branch of the Sacandaga makes me giddy. The hike takes me about 7 hours of just walking. The pond is beautiful and the bottom was sandy and although I have never swam in it I would guess it is nice. I did run into an exceptionally large black bear, but although we came within 15 yards of each other he didn't seem to care I was there. There is a lean-to and lots of good camping sights.

Did the first 2 miles and it was real buggy and nothing to see. Maybe on a different day and a little farther in would be more interesting.

A tough start and then is very easy after that winds along the East Branch of the Sacandaga to a lean to and large suspension bridge to the trail to Siamese Ponds. Tenting sites all around the ponds.