Severence Mountain

Severence Mountain is a 2.4 mile out and back trail located near Schroon Lake, NY that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short and sweet
Easy terrain
Great views

Cool veiw of the surrounding lakes. Nice and easy well marked trail takes you all the way up. I went with my grand ma and we had an awesome time .

Nice view

This was a nice short hike, a little steep in a couple spots but not difficult at all. The view of the lakes was very nice. Easy trailhead to find and ample parking. Would recommend to anyone. Took less than an hour up and down.

geocaching

Great hike with awesome views!

Great trail BUT it's a good 1.7 miles UP & then you come back down the same way so..... Don't be fooled. The view was beautiful, wish we knew actually how far it was and we would have brought a picnic. Our dogs loved it

Great hike did it in 2015 with my husband who carried our son on his back the whole way. The trail was very smooth sailing and had a breathtaking view.

Great parking available at the trail entrance! A relatively quick hike up to the top . A little steep in a few areas, but it is definitely doable. Pack a lunch! Fantastic views of Schroon and Paradox lake's ; as well as mountains to the east !

Great trail for a short hike. We have two Bulldogs so it was an easy one for them.

Really easy hike.

Easy short trail and great view at the top!

Great hike! Easy lower peak.

Great starter hill if you are new to hiking, but still a fun afternoon hike for the avid hiker. Very well maintained trail. Be prepared for some steep hiking (there is about 4 steep hills on this trail). Great view of Scroon Lake at the top so it's definitely a rewarding hike;-)

Easy hike - kid friendly, good views

Nice hike. Some steep spots but a rather easy hike. It's about 2.4 miles round trip.

Stayed at the Maple Leaf Motel right down the road on my way through to Maine. Nice smaller peak I could walk to and fit in before dark. Top offers nice views of the Schroon Lake area. Nothing very technical, although it gets somewhat steep at times, most hikers will have little to no issues with this hike.

A good mile long hike uphill to the top of Mount Severance. The top offers a vista or two of Schroon Lake. Some rocks along the trail may make this hike difficult for those who aren't surefooted.

Not hard. Rewarding. Nice little mountain. I did it barefoot.